Arrival and Check-in Information
Check-in and Check-out Times
Check-in time: 2pm
Check-out time: 10am
Important: If you are arriving prior to 2pm, we suggest packing a change of clothes / bathers in your hand luggage, so that you can start your holiday straight away. Please note that beach towels are not provided.
- Guests are met at the airport by Hamilton Island Holiday Home staff (who will be holding a sign with the guest name) and taken to the Front Office.
- The guest will need to fill out a registration card which outlines the Buggy rules and regulations, and are given a brief overview of the Island. Our friendly staff are happy to answer any of the questions you may have about the island or your holiday property.
- Guests are given a map which highlights the way to their holiday property along with the keys
- HIHH staff gives a brief talk and demonstration on the Golf Buggy: How to operate and all the relevant safety issues
- Guests are given a letter (delivered to their property) the day prior to their check out which outlines the procedure as seen below:
- Luggage collection begins at 9 am, thus ensure all luggage is packed at the door. Your luggage will be stored at the Holiday Properties reception desk located adjacent to the airport terminal for your collection
- Guests must be checked out of the property by 10am, the property keys and buggy must be returned to the HIHH Front Office by this time.
- Please note that the property must be clean and tidy upon check out- EG Rubbish must be taken out, no food or rubbish to be in the property, dishes must be clean or a $75 cleaning fee will be issued.
One 4 seater buggy is provided with every property and will require a credit card for security. No buggies will be released without a credit card. A Condition Report and Operating Demonstration will be conducted on the buggy with you when you arrive. All buggies require operators to have a current full drivers licence. The buggies do not have an insurance option therefore any repairs or replacement costs incurred due to damage while in your care is your responsibility.
Before you Arrive
- Please advise us of your method of arrival and arrival time details. This will assist us in endeavouring to have your room ready upon your arrival – particularly if you are arriving prior to our 2:00pm check-in time.
- If you are arriving prior to our 2:00pm check in time, we recommend bringing a day bag with your swimming costume, a change of clothes, sunscreen, a hat and anything else you may need just in case your room is not ready. Lockers, change rooms and shower facilities are available in the lobby of the Reef View Hotel.
- Please make sure your luggage is clearly labelled. Depending on the size of your group, we may need to have porters assist you with transporting you luggage to your property.
- If you're travelling with children then there are a couple of things to be aware of:
- Cots and highchairs are provided free of charge - just let us know at the time of booking if required Clownfish Club sessions should be booked upon arrival to avoid missing out on child placements
- Babysitting can be arranged through our Clownfish Club
- Strollers, books and toys can be hired through the Clownfish Club Credit card details will be required on arrival.
- All major credit cards are accepted (please note that credit card transaction fees apply). EFTPOS is available at hotel receptions, and ATM's are available at the Resort Centre, Marina Village and Reef View Hotel foyer.
- If scuba diving is on the agenda, please bring along a medical certificate, or if more advanced, proof of diving certification is required.
- If you require any assistance with your existing booking, please contact Hamilton Island Holidays on:
- Australia: 13 REEF (13 7333)
- Outside Australia: +61 2 9433 0444
Otherwise, we look forward to welcoming you to Hamilton Island.